Fun and Fancy Free Parenting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you meet

5 posters

Go down

How did you meet Empty How did you meet

Post  SweetPea Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:13 am

I love "how they met" stories, if you want, please share yours!
SweetPea
SweetPea

Back to top Go down

How did you meet Empty Re: How did you meet

Post  ira456 Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:31 am

Chad and I met in a gym Dec 16th. My sister kinda set us up knowing that he would be working out that night. He didn't have a clue what she was up to, and I wasn't ready to start dating again after my previous relationship ended hard. But she made me give him a chance and if I didn't like him by new years I could go my separate way. It took a few dates before we started to connect and I fell head over heals ever since. Our first kiss was one of those that you felt from head to toe. We were in a car waiting for a train to pass and thats when he leaned over to kiss me....it was a pretty wild first kiss, we skipped the peck all together. I don't even want to know where I would be right now without him. He knew after a week that he was going to marry me but we got engaged 10 months later and got married almost a year after that. I was only 18.....almost 19. We have now been married for 8 years and our relationship is even stronger. I owe it all to my sister Jenny. love
ira456
ira456

Back to top Go down

Post  TLC Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:31 pm

DH and I met online - we were in one of those MSN chat rooms when they were pretty much first invented, and just curious. Yes, it was the "blnd date" chat room, but this guy called Henrywas chatting up someone named Harley about motorbikes, and I butted in.

As far as I saw it, someone in the "Blind Date" chat room with a handle like "Henry" wasn't there to be noticed. But I did. We talked about motorbikes to mayonnaise, music and family and faith. I realized that we had a lot in common, and we exchanged email addresses.

A few weeks leter, we were IMing, and then phoning, and then... he flew up to meet me. I already knew him inside out from all the emails; all it took was one look in his eyes to see that he was an honest man, and I was done like dinner.

We got engaged just 5 months after our first face to face meeting, and I had well-meaning family and friends trying to warn me off of the potential "axe murderer" who I didn't really know.

You know what? I knew him better than any one of my boyfriends before him! Why? Because he lived a zillion miles away and all we could DO was TALK! lol

We got married a year and a half or so after meeting online, and have been married 8.5 years.

*sigh*

Wink
TLC
TLC

Back to top Go down

Post  SamsMom Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:04 am

MG and I met on an online dating site! I had dated a few guys off of the site but most were a bit on the weird side. I had just split from a guy I was dating when I decided to go back to the site just to snoop. I had noticed that one of the men that I was chatting with previously was still there. I sent him an email just to say hello. He was on the other side of the country taking a course for work, but wanted to meet as soon as he got back. We met for a coffee on a Thursday, went for a 6 hour quad ride on Friday and we have spent everyday together since! We now have a beautiful 11 month old boy! I could not imagine where my life would be without MG and my son!
SamsMom
SamsMom

Back to top Go down

Post  .~Stellar~. Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:22 am

We met through a mutual friend, one of my best friends.
He was dating someone and on the verge of leaving her and I was single and thought he was too young.
Long story short, we strung each other along at various times throughout a 1 1/2 year span. Eventually we just accepted that we really were meant to be together and that there was no one else we wanted to be with.
We got engaged after a year and a half of dating, married 7 months later and had our beautiful daughter 10 months after that,
We've definitely had our ups and downs, and lately it feels like more downs, but I know we're meant to spend our lives together.
.~Stellar~.
.~Stellar~.
Admin

http://tmosherphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum